Italian leather is well known in the fashion industry as the very best. One of the reasons Italian leather is so highly regarded is because of it’s quality. The very best craftsmanship and care goes into manufacturing Italian leather stock than is put into almost any comparable leather product in the world and that means only the best quality hides are used.
Only all natural vegetable and plant based extracts are used by craftsmen to manufacture Italian leather. Because it isn’t mass produced it takes much longer to make than the cheaper factory made alternatives.
If you are interested in learning about Italian leather, or just want to buy some high quality leather goods but yet sure if you should, we’ve written some important facts that show why Italian leather is the best around and why you should choose to purchase it, we also have some smart tips for you to check out.
Five reasons that Italian Leather is the very best.
1. It’s a high quality material. As we’ve stated over and over – Italian leather is a durable and well-made material. A great deal of craftsmanship is put into making Italian leather products with the highest standards.
2. Italian Leather is made to last. When compared to other types of leather, Italian leather is the most long-lasting. It can withstand everyday wear and tear, with most nicks and scratches being easily wiped away. If you are looking for the most durable products, always look for those leather goods that have a lifetime tome or long guarantee.
3. It Is One of a kind! Vegetable tanned Italian leather has a truly one of a kind appearance. The marks on the hides are not imperfections – they are the result of the natural tanning process and give a very distinctive look. No two naturally tanned items ever look alike!
4. It’s Timeless Fashion! You’ll see Italian leather on the most exclusive fashion runways. This material practically drips style and sophistication, and it continues to be, one of the most well-loved materials in fashion design.
5. Maintaining it’s appearance is easy! Constantly cleaning handbags and purses can be a chore. Italian leather on the other hand, reduces the drudgery. In fact, aging only adds to the beauty and uniqueness of Italian leather. It can be easily cleaned on with a damp cloth form time to time, but isn’t always necessary.
There are a wide range of leather types available; these include vegetable tanned, full grain, patent, and chrome just to mention a few. Buying a leather product can be more than overwhelming when you are not quite sure of what the different names mean. While it’s true that Italian leather is considered the very best, there are some sub classifications. Different types of Italian leather have various levels of quality, and we’ve provided some tips to help you choose.
Leather that has been dyed without chemicals is called Vegetable Tanned Leather. All Leather Renaissance products are vegetable tanned. Natural items such as tree bark and vegetable tannin are used instead to color the leather. People with chromium allergies (a very common skin allergy) prefer vegetable tanned leathers, however the process takes a lot longer, but produces better quality hides. The end result being stronger and longer lasting leather that is water resistant.
All Leather Renaissance jackets are the top thick section of the hide which is full grain leather, and can be chrome or vegetable tanned. This type of leather hasn’t been sanded and the natural marks remain on the hide. It can put up with a lot of hard use and is considered one of the more robust leather types.
Don’t settle for cheap knock offs. Price is usually an indicator of the leathers true quality. This doesn’t mean that you stick to name brand only, in fact check out some smaller and lesser known leather manufactures; it may still be costly, but not as much as the more well-known designers. Be aware that even if the leather seems to be good quality, if the price is too low, you are most definitely purchasing an imitation of cheaply made leather product. Good leather products are more expensive and cost more, but you will be assured of a high-quality product that will last much longer than cheaper brands.